Locally Owned and Operated Since 1954.
- Beautiful, green space, conveniently located in Tahoe City, CA.
- A favorite gathering place for local gardeners and visitors wanting to experience the oasis of plants, flowers and trees.
- Long-standing history of employing locals and creating a hometown feel.
- The nursery staff collectively have several hundred years of experience with mountain gardening, many with their own areas of expertise including garden design, pest management, planting containers, native gardening, attracting birds and bees, and perennial gardens.
- Propagates all of its native plant stock from locally established mother plants.
- Original owner Dave McBride propagated a variety of native shrubs, trees, and perennials that are still sold today.
While not a retail space, we have a large property “down the hill” where we propagate and grow our own inventory year-round.